Kelvin Norman Memorial Soccer Tournament
Registration is still OPEN!!!
The Colorado Rapids Youth Soccer Club is proud to continue the fine tradition of the Kelvin Norman Soccer Tournament June 3-5, 2016.
Where do you play?
The tournament offers great competition at one of the finest sports complexes in Colorado, while honoring one of the pioneers of Colorado youth soccer. A portion of each tournament fee will go directly to the Kelvin Norman Scholarship Fund and our Soccer for Success programming.
All teams who meet the age and qualification criteria are invited to join. We have teams from around the Rocky Mountain region, and we're happy to welcome all our guests to Denver! Host hotel information can be found below. Additional benefits include:
- A voucher for a complimentary 2016 Kelvin Norman t-shirt for one coach per team
- Vouchers for 16 team members (u12-18) or 13 members (u9-11) to a MLS Rapids game.
Additional tickets are available starting at $20 each.
On Line Registration
U9-U18 boys and girls recreational and competitive teams and U11-U18 boys and girls competitive teams. If you have guest players, please fill out our Guest Player Form (5 guest players are allowed per team).
At the fabulous Aurora Sports Park.
What's the entry fee?
U9-U11 Recreational and Competitive teams (fully registered and paid by):
• April 1: $525.00
• April 15: $550.00
• May 1: $575.00
U12-U18 ALL Recreational and Competitive teams (fully registered and paid by):
• April 1: $725.00
• April 15: $750.00
• May 1: $775.00
What about check in?
Check in is mandatory for all Denver Metro teams (even though tryouts are going on that week).
At check-in you must provide the following:
- Two copies of your state sanctioned roster
- Two copies of your Club roster
- Player passes, including guest players
- Two copies of official guest roster if using guest players (can be found on our website)
- Medical Release Forms
- Travel Papers
- For teams outside of region IV, teams and out of state guest players must have official; permission from state sanctioning body to participate in the tournament (NO EXCEPTIONS)
For more detailed information, please read the Kelvin Norman Tournament Rules. More questions? Call us at 303-399-5858.
Guest Player Form
We have secured some great rates at the following:
DoubleTree by Hilton Denver DoubleTree by Hilton Denver-Stapleton North
3203 Quebec Street 4040 Quebec Street
Denver, Co 80207 Denver, CO 80216
Click here for a detailed description
Thank you to our current tournament sponsors!
About Kelvin Norman
The Kelvin Norman Memorial Scholarship is an annual full-ride scholarship with a CRYSC team in honor of Kelvin Norman
, who had a constant and lasting impact on the lives of countless Colorado youth soccer players. The scholarship is funded through proceeds from the Kelvin Norman Memorial Soccer Tournament and the generous support of the Norman family.
Scholarships are provided annually to two Colorado Rapids Youth Soccer Club recreational players and two competitive players. Candidates selected for the scholarship are nominated by our coaching staff and selected based on demonstration of the following characteristics:
- Exemplary Effort - Candidates should be recognized by their coaches as exhibiting constant and high quality effort on the practice and game field and have a passion for the game;
- Sportsmanship - In attitude and in practice, successful candidates should demonstrate the qualities of excellent sportsmanship, including: fairness, respect for teammates, coaches, referees and opponents and graciousness no matter the outcome of the game;
- Scholarship - Candidates should exhibit the same qualities in school as on the soccer field, characterized by high attendance and honest effort.