Kelvin Norman Memorial Soccer Tournament
The Colorado Rapids Youth Soccer Club is proud to continue the fine tradition of the Kelvin Norman Soccer Tournament. The tournament offers great competition at one of the finest sports complexes in Colorado, while honoring one of the pioneers of Colorado youth soccer. A portion of each tournament fee will go directly to the Kelvin Norman Scholarship Fund.
U9-U18 boys and girls developmental teams: 5 guest players allowed per team.
U11-U18 boys and girls ALL competitive teams 5 guest players allowed per team.
Guest Player Form
Aurora Sports Park - FIELD MAP
May 30 and 31, 2015
Registration opens soon!
Check-in is mandatory for all Metro area teams. We understand that there are tryouts this week but ALL teams must send a representative to check in. Arrangements may be made with the tournament director for teams traveling from outside of the Metro area.
At check-in you must provide the following:
- Two copies of your state sanctioned roster
- Two copies of your Club roster
- Player passes, including guest players
- Two copies of official guest roster if using guest players (can be found on our website)
- Medical Release Forms
- Travel Papers
- For teams outside of region IV, teams and out of state guest players must have official; permission from state sanctioning body to participate in the tournament (NO EXCEPTIONS)
Entry Fee: Register by April 1 and receive a discount!
For more detailed information, please read the Kelvin Norman Tournament Rules.
About Kelvin Norman
The Kelvin Norman Memorial Scholarship is an annual full scholarship in honor of Kelvin Norman, who had a constant and lasting impact on the lives of countless Colorado youth soccer players. The scholarship is funded through proceeds from the Kelvin Norman Memorial Soccer Tournament and the generous support of the Norman family.
Scholarships are provided annually to two Colorado Rapids Youth Soccer Club recreational players and two competitive players. Candidates selected for the scholarship are nominated by our coaching staff and selected based on demonstration of the following characteristics:
- Exemplary Effort - Candidates should be recognized by their coaches as exhibiting constant and high quality effort on the practice and game field and have a passion for the game;
- Sportsmanship - In attitude and in practice, successful candidates should demonstrate the qualities of excellent sportsmanship, including: fairness, respect for teammates, coaches, referees and opponents and graciousness no matter the outcome of the game;
- Scholarship - Candidates should exhibit the same qualities in school as on the soccer field, characterized by high attendance and honest effort.